Friday, March 6, 2009

Hey blog heyyy: Etude Six

Dr. Jenkins suggested that I make up an etude that's sort of inline with what I'm doing with my circles and all, so I think I came up with something that I like. Here goes:

In class we've made a big old fuss about reading for the line vs. reading for the stanza.

So, I wanted us to maybe write some poems that can be read both forwards or backwards, up and down, clockwise or counter-clockwise(in my case, I guess), or in any number of ways. They don't need to make perfect sense in all directions, but it would be cool if the different ways of reading the poems produced some kind of dissonance--or maybe some kind of harmony?

And hey, go ahead and make it in a cool shape if you want.

The whole thing is pretty open ended, so go crazy with it, plz.

No comments:

Post a Comment