Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chapbooks

What is a goodish length do you think? I'm sitting on mine at 21 pages at full MS word size with 1 inch margins. (Aside: text format is actually very important for this particular projected, and I cringe at the thought of having to reorganize it for something smaller than an 8x10). The thing is starting to make me crazy, and I need closure. I could make it longer. Much longer, actually, but I don't know if it's a good idea. Thoughts?

And also, how is everyone else doing on their stuff?

5 comments:

  1. that will be a very long chapbook. thats pushing real book size. chapbooks tend to stay under 30 pages or so, and thats after book formatting. when i did my chapbook, i found that around 1/4 page of MS Word text fits onto one page of formatted chapbook page. (this is assuming a smaller sized chapbook. mine was simply landscape pages folded in half, as i self published it). it was prose poetry, so it was simply paragraphs. 21 pages of straight text would, in my estimation, turn around something like 70-80 pages after formatting, unless you had large pages like Exobiology as Goddess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHDEARGODSWHATAMIGOINGTODO!

    *froths at mouth*

    *dies*

    Exeunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So why don't you make it a book instead of a chapbook? Crystal showed me how you can design your own on Lulu.com. check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The very thought horrifies me. If it's on Lulu then it's on the internet. If it's on the internet then ANYBODY can see it. Plus it's...well, I'm just going to have to show you in class. It is NOT book worthy.

    ReplyDelete