Thursday, April 16, 2009

Russ's etude

OK I did this a long time ago and never posted the results bc I didn't think going in and back out of one language was interesting enough. So this time I went further with it, going in and out of Polish, Finnish, German, Albanian, Filipino, Korean, Greek and Italian.

I used a poem I had thought was going into my Norway-related project, though I have since scrapped the project.

ORIGINAL
Night now is never black only gray or maybe purple indefinably. Doves congregate elsewhere and leave us the pigeons. Unfaltering electrical dusk conquers stars and hovers. At home they won’t wear socks to save themselves. Where I am is somewhere else, all knee-high knitted things and permanent cold winters lightless and lasting five months. Candles that softened the blow blown out before bed for safety under defenseless covers. I was frozen. Oh! not by the snow and rain by a constant delirium a nakedness of self an unsureness a discomfort a terror. A convincing inner social advertisement for letting land lock us for belonging and a familiar social milieu. I was wrong. Nothing is sure in life but death and taxes let me ask you mister: do you prefer death? Then consider this: will you give us back your poor?

FINAL
The evening is not exactly black and gray Purple
5th Acquisition pigeons We dove from other parties
Well, lamp at dusk, and Stars Supernatant The house,
the State does not wear socks If I, Socks, a strong currency
and low resistance to light and cold winter 5 months
Before going to bed, gently blow the candles security
This is a specific objective I was frozen Oh! No
storm of snow and rain The uncertainty of the complaints,
and naked terror Convincing Social Commission
Advertising, language and our social block for rent
     I Wrong          But nothing about life and death,
taxes, and I ask the Lord: If you are dead?
    To give us a bad situation

No comments:

Post a Comment